About the project
Project ˝Youth Empowerment and Employability Strengthening – YEES! ˝ is co-funded Erasmus + Programme (Capacity Building in the Field of Youth) for a period of two years, January 2022 – until the end of 2024.
Project focuses on establishing connection between relevant sectors and jointly working on increasing employment and employability of youth, creating services and mechanisms that foster local activity level for youth employment and employability. The project is fully in line with the scope of the Call Capacity Building in the Field of Youth through the creation of international cooperation based on multilateral partnerships between organizations active in the field of youth which aims to support international cooperation in the field of youth and non-formal learning as a driver of sustainable socio-economic development and well-being of youth organizations and young people.
Thematic areas/specific objectives
The project addresses both youth workers and CSOs working with youth to increase their capacities to prepare and provide adequate trainings for young people and other vulnerable groups which would contribute to increasing their employability and preparedness for job search and employment. Inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities: anti-discrimination and gender equality (which will be mainstreamed through the entire project) and main focus is on the empowerment, engagement and increasing the employability of young people.
The second aspect is direct work and provision of created trainings to youth which contribute directly to increasing their knowledge and preparedness for job searching and increasing their employment potentials through improved competencies, skills and understanding of the business sector. This meaning that through the project, participants gain insight into what employers look for when hiring, what they expect from employees, etc. Young people go through training modules which consist of general trainings (personal competencies), trainings on entrepreneurship, project management and youth empowerment and engagement.
Additionally, the project is a link between the youth and CSO working with youth and different sectors (business and public) to contribute to increased cooperation and collaboration in youth employment potentials and opportunities. The business sector will have the opportunity to openly discuss with youth what they feel are problems, what young people can do to better prepare for employment and what they can expect on the job. The project brings together relevant stakeholders to increase cooperation and understanding between sectors.
The Overall Project Objective is:
to contribute to strengthening skills and competencies of youth workers, young people and vulnerable groups to increase youth employability and increase their involvement in the democratic life.
- Developed new tools and non-formal learning methods for youth workers, especially those improving competencies and skills contributing to increasing employability of young people
- Increased knowledge and employability of youth, youth gained practical experiences in job searching through direct contact with business sector and inter sector cooperation,
- Youth workers exchange experiences and gain insight in methods of partner organizations used to increase competencies and skills of young people
- Contributing to increasing youth potentials and to increasing engagement in decision-making processes, employability and practice to become active citizens
- Bringing together different sectors to contribute to increasing youth potentials and to increase engagement in decision-making processes, employability and practice to become active citizens.
Project main activities
- Experience exchange visits
- Training modules
- Mobility training courses
- Local events (trainings, info sessions)
- Media conferences
The project brings together 6 partner organizations from 3 Programme countries; Balkan Development Centre from Serbia, Mobility Friends from Portugal and Active Youth from Lithuania and NGO Ekvivalent and Cultural Centre Homer from Montenegro and Greenways from Bosnia and Herzegovina. All partners work directly with youth but also with organizations working with youth, youth workers and other relevant stakeholders.
FOLLOW THE LATEST NEWS ABOUT THE PROJECT, UPCOMING EVENTS, AND ACTIVITIES HERE:
Facebook | Biweekly newsletter (Lithuanian) | Monthly newsletter (English) | Blog