This project aims to promote social inclusion and intercultural integration in the agri-food sector, by raising awareness and upskilling agrifood workers of different nationalities on EU common values, civic engagement, and capacity to work in intercultural environments, via adapted vocational education and training resources.
The goal of the project is to encourage strategic collaborations and the creation of bridges between social, educational/training, and economic partners, enabling a transnational and cross-sectoral cooperation framework between VET, youth, trade unions, and agrifood players.
PROJECT MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Workshop: “How to promote more effective social inclusion, inter-community relations, intercultural skills, and EU values-awareness among agrifood workers of different origins?”
- E-learning course for migrant/refugee workers of the agrifood sector: “TOMAS” aims to promote a more competitive, multifunctional, and innovative business. A focus is drawn on ensuring social inclusion, equal opportunities, intercultural integration, and nondiscrimination.
- International Multiplier event in Italy, which will feature a dedicated networking, best practices exchange, and policy-practice suggestions session involving decision-makers, institutions, the media, and EU networks and a brainstorming workshop with local migrant/refugee organizations.
- 6 Local Multiplier events will be organized in each partner‘s country.
- Raised awareness of social inclusion and intercultural integration in the agrifood sector;
- Upskilled agrifood workers of various nationalities;
- Promotion of civic activism and the ability to work in a cross-cultural environment;
- Partnerships between VET, youth, trade unions, and agrifood players;
- Strategic collaboration between social, educational/training, and economic partners.
- Workers in the agri-food sector (producers/suppliers/sellers).
- Active Youth (Lithuania);
- Federation of Democratic Trade Unions in Agriculture and related services (Romania);
- Fai Cisl nazionale (Italy);
- ANOLF Cuneo (Italy);
- Rezos Brands (Greece);
- Global Sosial Utvikling (Norway);
- Trade Union of workers from the agro-industrial complex of the Republic of Macedonia – Agro-Sindikat (North Macedonia).
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Take part in our events and keep looking for participants call on these Active Youth platforms below.
FOLLOW THE LATEST NEWS ABOUT THE PROJECT, UPCOMING EVENTS, AND ACTIVITIES HERE:
Facebook | Biweekly newsletter (Lithuanian) | Monthly newsletter (English) | Blog