Conflicts shatter lives and stunts development. And at the heart of many violent conflicts lie issues of inequality, injustice and exclusion. Conflicts have multiple drivers, operate as systems, are often local and do not stop at state borders. And young people, as members of a dynamic group in society, play a crucial role in positively transforming conflict situations and in building the foundations of democratic and peaceful societies.
Key Action: Learning Mobility of Individuals
Action Type: Youth mobility
The goal of the project is for young participants to learn how to coexist peacefully and build the foundations of democratic and peaceful societies by:
- Building young people’s understanding of peace and the need to be vocal actors in peacebuilding processes;
- Promoting coexistence, human rights and social justice in dynamic societies across Europe;
- Teaching skills and values contributing to peace among the young generation growing up in conflict and post-conflict environments;
- Giving young people space and support to collectively reflect on and explore solutions that can help them discover their own agency;
- Enabling young people to engage in a diverse, connected and inclusive Europe.
Peacebuilding activities address the root causes or potential causes of violence and stabilize society politically and socioeconomically. Thus, successfully create an environment supportive of self-sustaining, durable peace; reconcile opponents; prevent conflict from restarting; integrate civil society, and address underlying structural and societal issues. That is why partner organisations are putting their voices together to start youth worker and youth exchange mobilities that combined will aim to:
- Build the capacity of youth workers in a training course in Zaporizhia, Ukraine leading to the creation of more skilled youth workers who are able to play a stronger role in transforming conflict situations and in building the foundations of democratic and peaceful societies.
- Improve young people’s creativity and equip them with innovative ideas and methods they can put to use in their quest of becoming an active agent of positive change in their own communities.
PROJECT MAIN ACTIVITES
The project “Peace at War” will consist of two mobilities, training course in Zaporizhia, Ukraine and youth exchange in Kaunas, Lithuania.
Participating countries: Lithuania, Sweden, Ukraine, Georgia, Cyprus, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Keep looking for participants call on these Active Youth platforms:
- Website calendar
- Biweekly newsletter
To learn about the calls first, join Turn On: Club on Patreon.
FOLLOW THE LATEST NEWS ABOUT THE PROJECT, UPCOMING EVENTS, AND ACTIVITIES HERE:
Facebook | Biweekly newsletter (Lithuanian) | Monthly newsletter (English) | Blog