Communities Driving Change aims to:
- improve active participation of citizens;
- discover the needs, opinions and interests of the community;
- create greater inclusion regarding social and cultural traits and values;
- provide practical information about mechanisms for citizens’ participation;
- develop new methodologies and approaches to the local decision-making process.
The project is created in a way to inform, engage and empower the common citizen. It will develop new partnerships on the local, region and national level for long-standing future projects for improving national participatory mechanisms and involving local communities by reinforcing their civic role.
Communities Driving Change is a project co-funded by Europe for Citizens – Civil Society Projects and made possible by the cooperation of four organizations: Contextos from #Portugal, United Societies of Balkans from #Greece, Centrul pentru Strategii de Dezvoltare a Tineretului from #Romania, and Active Youth Projects from #Lithuania.
PROJECT MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Launching event – “Iniciatyvus miestietis” (post, live)
- Democracy Labs – “Idėjos miestui” (post, events)
- Gathering of opinions and Public Consultations
- Development of Public Causes
- Info Sessions (event organised together with “Kaunas 2022” – European Capital of Culture 2022)
- International Conference (21-22nd March 2023, Greece)
- Contact Making Seminars (21-22nd March 2023, Greece)
Other tools & outcomes:
- Toolkit: Piliečių į(si)traukimo vadovas | A Guide to Citizen Engagement (in English)
- Recommendations: Kaunas City community recommendations | International 4 countries recommendations
- Media mentions: before launching event, before democracy labs
- Participatory videos: launching event, democracy labs, info session event
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Take part in our events and keep looking for participants call on these Active Youth platforms below.
FOLLOW THE LATEST NEWS ABOUT THE PROJECT, UPCOMING EVENTS, AND ACTIVITIES HERE:
Facebook | Biweekly newsletter (Lithuanian) | Monthly newsletter (English) | Blog