The project’s idea is to provide >100 women coaches with knowledge & tools useful in their career & its development. It is expected that during the project, a network of EU and Uruguayan women coaches will be established and continue to function after its lifespan.
Programme: Exchanges and mobility in sport
Partners: Lithuania – Active Youth | Italy – CEIPES | Uruguay – Audele Uruguay | Bulgaria – Bulsport ARBS | Hungary – Budapest Association of International Sports
- Coaches will be encouraged to seek career development more actively and will be provided with tools to lead effective football practices.
- By organising and participating in activities together, coaches from partner countries will establish a network that will be maintained for exchanging practices and professional advice after One Goal is finished.
- Local communities will see women coaches as professionals and role models. It will encourage those interested to involve themselves in sports/coaching.
There are a few women football coaches in the partner countries of Lithuania, Uruguay, Italy, Bulgaria and Hungary. A theoretical approach explains that this is because of a lack of role models – successful women coaches. The project’s idea is to provide more than 100 women coaches with knowledge and tools useful in their career and its development.
International mobility is crucial when achieving it as it: enables the possibility to improve employability by gaining theoretical knowledge and learning new training techniques that are successful in other cultures; creating an environment to share good practices and advice among each other.
It is expected that during the project, a network of EU and Uruguayan women coaches will be established and continue to function after its lifespan. Moreover, the project aims to produce deliverables which will be publicly available to those interested for more than 3 years. Hence creating a possibility for even more coaches to improve their competences.
PROJECT MAIN ACTIVITES
- The main activities of the project will consist of 5 international Women’s Football Campaigns held in all partner countries in which coaches from around the globe will test their training skills with the community, learn new one from local coaches and learn other valuable skills.
- After these events the coaches are going to spread their learning even further by organising Local Training Courses in their home countries. During these they shall pass the new knowledge to their colleagues football coaches.
- We will also conduct research, create a methodology for women’s involvement in sports and have a final conference back in Kaunas, where it all started.
FOLLOW THE LATEST NEWS ABOUT THE PROJECT, UPCOMING EVENTS, AND ACTIVITIES HERE:
Facebook | Biweekly newsletter (Lithuanian) | Monthly newsletter (English) | Blog