Lifeboat Project aims to contribute to a more equal intercultural and inclusive environment within the youth local communities and involve young refugees/immigrants/asylum-seekers through new innovative methodologies.
The goal is to promote social inclusion in EU society, by cooperating with local and migrant background youth, creating an innovative methodology as well as a manual, based on the real needs of youngsters from migrant/refugee/asylum-seeking backgrounds, and strengthening the capacities of youth workers, facilitators, teachers and other relevant workers who work with multicultural groups.
PROJECT MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Testing, observing, and creating an efficient activity methodology for YWs, that is inclusive of immigrants/refugees/asylum-seekers;
- Writing a manual based on conclusions drawn while creating the methodology for YWs;
- Present Policy recommendations to local authorities.
- Creating a website, with findings made accessible to the target groups and general public.
- Help young refugees, asylum seekers and immigrants integrate faster into European societies, prevent xenophobia, extremism and racism for them and their local communities.
- Encourage Young Europeans to be more tolerant and understanding of refugees, asylum seekers, and immigrants.
- Develop innovative methods to improve YWs’, trainers’, and school staff’s ability to work in a multicultural society.
- Enhance social inclusion in multicultural environments.
- Asylum seekers
- General youth
- Youth workers
- Active Youth (Lithuania)
- Czech Youth Association z.s. (Czech Republic)
- Fundacja Instytut Partnerstwa (Poland)
- Avrupa Entegrasyon Derneği (Turkey)
- Kompetenta Unga (Sweden)
- High on Life (Italy)
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Take part in our events and keep looking for participants call on these Active Youth platforms below.
Facebook | Biweekly newsletter (Lithuanian) | Monthly newsletter (English) | Blog