PatENT (Patent entrepreneurship for migrants)
Patents are the pathway and an opportunity for sustainable economic development. This project focuses on making this path more accessible to young migrants interested in patent entrepreneurship, increasing inclusion and diversity of entrepreneurship across Europe, long-term achieving economic and environmental sustainability.
PatENT Project aims to promote active citizenship, young people’s sense of initiative and youth entrepreneurship including social entrepreneurship, strengthen their employability, also increase quality, innovation and recognition of youth work.
The goal is to strengthen the employability of young people and youth entrepreneurship. Developing educational approaches on entrepreneurship, and particularly patent entrepreneurship among young migrants is the core of this project. Using their past experiences with entrepreneurship education, the project partners will develop new methods to address the needs and constraints of their target group. Patent entrepreneurship will have a particularly important place in the educational tools that will be developed, as an area in which we see a great potential for involving our beneficiaries.
PROJECT MAIN ACTIVITIES
- Creating educational hubs dedicated to gaining knowledge, skills and support for developing enterprises run by migrants;
- Develop a competency framework for youth workers/educators to work on empowering and supporting youth migrants in entrepreneurial activities;
- Raising competencies and skills of youth workers for development, day-to-day implementation, continuous support, and continuous improvement of activities focused on empowering young migrants for entrepreneurial activities;
- Engage in intensive dissemination and exploitation activities of established educational hubs, educational material for youth workers in the form of a guidebook providing a competency framework, and online learning courses supporting youth migrants in their activities of developing enterprises, thus establishing a wide network of involved organisations.
- Creating educational documentary
- Organising the final project conference.
- Creating more inclusive societies for migrant youth;
- Help to rise quality employment for all;
- Develop quality learning platforms;
- Increase migrants’ capacity for entrepreneurship;
- Raising competences and skills for youth workers.
- Young migrants, first and second generation, refugees, diverse, aged 18 to 30.
- Youth educators, youth workers, professors and assistants of professors.
- Patent process stakeholders: entrepreneurs, legal experts, policy makers, higher education institutions, patent offices and associations.
- Vilniaus Gedimino technikos universitetas (Lithuania)
- Active Youth (Lithuania)
- TecMinho (Portugal)
- Learning Library OÜ (Estonia)
- Momentum (Ireland)
- Outside Media & Knowledge UG (Germany)
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
Take part in our events and keep looking for participants call on these Active Youth platforms below.