From 20 to 27 March, Società Cooperativa Galileo, will host in Sorbo San Basile (Italy), AEA: Awakening European Awareness, a youth exchange that will involve 36 young people coming from Italy, UK, Greece, Lithuania, Spain and Turkey, aged 18-30.
The focus of the project is the European Union and its many aspects.
AEA: Awakening European Awareness is promoted by Agenzia Nazionale Giovani (Italian National Agency) and Erasmus+ Program.
The specific objectives are:
– Knowledge of the different European cultures;
– Breaking of national stereotypes;
– Knowledge of the role of the European institutions;
– Knowledge of the European legal system;
– Knowledge of the initiative of European citizens;
– Knowledge of social, economic, cultural, variables related to problems in local and international contexts
– Spread of knowledge of the history of the European Union and its institutions, from the birth to the present day (focus on Brexit and Turkey’s situation);
– To value the importance of democracy and participatory democratic system;
– Increase awareness of social and civil issues;
– Inform about the tools that the EU has taken and is taking to promote its policies;
– Initiate a reflection on the issues of the common good and active citizenship;
– Strengthen the knowledge and skills of young people;
– Acquisition of a greater awareness of their own cultural identity;
– Promoting non-formal learning, especially the one of other languages;
– Encourage the exchange of young Europeans ideas and expertise;
– Promote social inclusion.
The topic requires not only the formal knowledge, but also reflection on values and attitudes, non-formal education will be used in an informal and multicultural environment and the activities will be carried out with the non-formal learning method.